Table of Contents
For the proper functioning of the body, carbs have the important place in the human activities and performance. Carbs mean carbohydrates, which is macronutrient and it gives energy to the body. So the body performs its actions. The food which is rich in carbs is digested and converted into sugar. It provides glucose, which is also an important source of energy. Be sure that your body needs carbs for its proper functioning.
Carbs are two types, one is simple & other is complex. Simple carbs are those which can easily be digested. They are added in the processed and prepared food like refined sugar and sweeteners.
Complex carbs are those which can be easily digested, they are less processed and full of dietary fiber. Sources of gaining carbohydrates also matter a lot, some may be healthier than other. For getting the ideal figure you must know how many carbs you need, and from which carbs you should avoid.
Carbs Do You Required
The need of using carbohydrates is different according to the age, gender, and the whole day activities. Your routine matters a lot for using and need of using how much carbohydrates.
In the review of Mayo Clinic round about45-65 calories come from carbohydrates. If you intake 2,000 calories in a day, it will be equal to 225-325 grams of carbs. It is difficult to count carbs, but American Diabetes Association offers a simple plan to structure your plate at every meal. Which will help you to get the right amount of carbs:
1. Divide your plate into 3 portions in your imagination. 1 should be large block, other should be small and the last should be the smaller one.
2. The big portion will be filled with the now- starchy foods like, vegetables, green cabbage, carrots, spinach, lettuce, and mushroom etc.
3. Now fill the second portion with starchy food like potatoes or winter squash, or grains, such as whole-grain pasta or brown rice. Black peas or pinto beans can be added.
4. The smaller portion will be filled with proteins. Low fat like skinless chicken catfish and lean cuts of beef is also a good option.
5. Low-fat dairy, skimmed milk, and skimmed yogurt should be added.
6. Try to add Choose olive oil, avocados, seeds, and nuts as a healthy fat.
7. Always use the drinks which have the low calories like water and coffee.
The Foods Which Have Abundance Of Starch
Starch is beneficial for the health of the human being. It has powerful health benefits like, it lowers blood pressure, reduce the appetite. Starchy foods are rich in vitamins, minerals as well as with fiber. It is found in different vegetables and grains, which are discussed below for your facility.
- Winter squash
- Green peas
- Dried beans
- Bread and bread products
Fiber Contained Foods
It is found in the fruits, whole grains, and vegetables. It is best for relieving from constipation. Fiber is helpful in according to the Mayo Clinic:
- It Lowers cholesterol levels.
- It Helps control blood sugar levels.
- It Aids in achieving a healthy weight.
- It lowers down the risks of heart attack.
The required quantity of fiber for the 50 years person is 38 grams. For ladies, it is 25 grams per day, but if you are above 50 then you need to take 30 grams per day and 21 grams for a woman.
Dietary Fiber Is Found In
- Nuts, seeds, and legumes
- Whole grains
- Steamed or boiled whole grains, such as brown rice, wild rice, buckwheat, millet, quinoa, and oat.
- Bread, crackers, pasta, and other products that list whole grains as their first ingredient.
Before purchasing any product, you should check the nutrients label. If the product has the level of 3-5 grams of fiber, then it will be a good option.
Sugar Contained Foods
It is a kind of carbohydrate, which is found in the various food, fruits, and vegetables. Excessive use of carbohydrates leads toward diabetes and cancer. It is best to take carbs from the complex carbohydrates and from the natural resources like fruits and vegetables. Avoid the refined and processed food, because this will provide you high calories but the lack of nutrients.
For being sure of avoiding the product or food you must follow the below-described table. This is made from high capacity of sugar to low level of the sequence.
- Brown sugar
- Corn sweetener
- Corn syrup
- Fruit juice concentrate
- High-fructose corn syrup
- Invert sugar
- Malt syrup
- Raw sugar
Right Carbs Are Easy To Get
Using the right carbs at the right moment is quite difficult to do. But it is not impossible by adopting some simple tricks and tips.
- Don’t use the drinks which have the abundance of sugar. Use the fruit juices in the routine.
- Don’t use the refined grain, use bread, crackers, and cereals.
- Whole grains like oatmeal, brown rice and barely.
- Avoid the white flour products and use pasta and bread.
Risks Of Cutting Carbs
Be sure that carbs are important for the running the process of the body. If you suddenly cut down or finish the entry of carbs in life, it will be dangerous for your health point of view. By avoiding all types of carbs. You can experience different symptoms for yourself such as dizziness, fatigue, weakness, headaches & constipation.
Dietary Carbs & Your Health
Always follow the dietary plan, which is the good combination of carbs. It should not be free from all carbs because it is damaging to your health. Restricting all carbs is not suitable for you. Always choose low carbs diet, because it will be suitable for you in decreasing the weight.
It is suitable for you that before associating any new dieting plan you must consult with your doctor. He will suggest you of taking the healthy amount of carbs rather than cutting down on empty calories. Your health is the priority for us, have good dieting plan for having the good life ahead with health.