Table of Contents
- HDL Cholesterol Definition
- HDL Cholesterol Level
- HDL Cholesterol Managment
- LDL Cholesterol Definition
- LDL Cholesterol Test
- Cholesterol Tests The Good, the Bad, and the Fatty
- Total cholesterol
- What Is Meant by Total Cholesterol?
- What is meant by Triglycerides?
- Cholesterol Risk Factors
- Cholesterol Risk Factors: Uncontrollable
- Cholesterol Risk Factors: Controllable
HDL Cholesterol Definition
This is the good cholesterol for the body. This is aiding the bloodstream. It removes h bad cholesterol from that places where it is not necessary to be. Its high level may be beneficial but its lower level is not healthy and cause the risk to heart disease. HDL is the abbreviation of High-Density Lipoprotein. This lipoprotein surrounded the cholesterol center and that are quite dense than other cholesterol particles. That is why they are called HDL. Cholesterol is not only done the negative one, in fact, it is necessary for our body. These lipoproteins may help the flow of blood in the bloodstream in the body. They have their related preferences for each of the blood flow. The HDL cholesterol provides help in various ways in the risk reduction of heart diseases.
- HDL cholesterol stroll and removes the LDL from the body.
- HDL cholesterol transports the LDL cholesterol to the liver where it is reprocessed and recycled for the sake of reuse.
- HDL cholesterol protects the blood vessels. Damage to the inner walls may lead to heart attacks and strokes.
HDL Cholesterol Level
Here is the level of cholesterol:
- HDL cholesterol levels should be greater than 60 milligrams per deciliter that are a high amount and it is good.
- HDL cholesterol levels should not be less than 40 milligrams per deciliter are low and it is not good.
HDL Cholesterol Managment
- Quit smoking
- Avoid Obesity
LDL Cholesterol Definition
All Cholesterol is not bad. They are the potent fat cells of our body. Some quantity of cholesterol comes from the food that we consume, and some are made by the liver. LDL is abbreviated as low-density lipoprotein. These are considered as bad because it becomes part of plaque and eventually this stuff clogs the arteries that can lead to heart attacks and strokes.
LDL Cholesterol Test
This test may help to analyze about the heart risk and other expected diseases with LDL. While testing some things have been preferred.
- Cholesterol level, age, blood pressure, smoking, usage of other blood pressure medicine
- HDL Cholesterol Managment
- Follow a cholesterol diet plan
- Regular exercising.
- Use of Statins medicine.
Cholesterol Tests The Good, the Bad, and the Fatty
Lipids are the different types of cholesterol and other fats in the blood. It is measured and diagnosed by a simple blood test. For its test one has to remain starved for 9 to 12 hours.
lipid profile usually provides the results for four different types. Here they are:
- Low-density lipoprotein LDL
- High-density lipoprotein HDL
- Another form of fat Triglycerides
What Is Meant by Total Cholesterol?
Total cholesterol is the sum of LDL and HDL cholesterol. When the total is high due to high HDL number than your health is quite in a save state. But, when the total is high due to high LDL, then you must consult the doctor for its evaluation.
What is meant by Triglycerides?
They are essential fat of the body and are called lipids. They are the stored fats in the body which are named as triglycerides. They help in the digesting and breaking down of fats in food. Their resources are various but they provide the energy to the body when it is needed.
Cholesterol Risk Factors
Cholesterol is made in the liver which is a fat by nature and very important for the body. It is somehow necessary to function properly. There are various factors that contribute to its occurrence.
Cholesterol Risk Factors: Uncontrollable
Age: most prominent factor is that after the age of 55 in females and after the age of 45 in males the chances of heart diseases may go higher.
Gender: in females, After menopause the chances of LDL that is bad cholesterol may go higher and chances of a heart attack may prominent.
Family history: family history plays a very important role in this disease. If a family member has this disease than the chances may range from 55-65 % of its occurrence.
Cholesterol Risk Factors: Controllable
Diet: Try to use cholesterol-lowering foods to control its levels.
Physical activity: physical activity may lessen the chances of having this disease. It may enhance the chances of getting higher the good cholesterol level that may also aid you to lose your weight.
Weight: overweight can disturb your both LDL cholesterol and HDL cholesterol level.