- 1 What Is the South Beach Diet?
- 2 How Does the South Beach Diet Work?
- 3 Phase 1
- 4 Phase 2
- 5 Phase 3
- 6 South Beach Diet Phase 1 Recipes and South Beach Diet phase 1 Breakfast
- 7 Herbaceous Plants
- 8 Nuts and Seeds
- 9 Oils and Fats
- 10 Phase 1: Foods to Avoid
- 11 Phases 2 and 3: Foods to Avoid
- 12 South Beach Diet Benefits
- 13 South Beach Diet: Pros and Cons
- 14 South Beach Diet Reviews
- 15 What is the South Beach Diet cost and Where to buy?
South Beach Diet Plan The aim of this diet plan is to lose weight without being hungry and having starvation. It is based upon the theory that it has used the good and bad carbs and fats. The main key is to weight loss is opt for the best among the both. It includes lots of protein like fish, eggs, dairy, lean protein like chicken and turkey, minerals like vegetables, whole grains, and nuts. South Beach Diet is low in carbs and higher in protein and healthy fats. It is better than any typical American diet for weight loss. The South Beach Diet plan has been popular for over a decade. It not only helps in weight reduction but also helps to make better the heart health.
What Is the South Beach Diet?
The South Beach Diet is coined by Dr. Arthur Agatston who was a Florida-based cardiologist, in the 1990s. He workes on the cure of heart disease. He found that the patient who was using the Atkins diet may lose the weight and other patients were not. By completing his al research, He suggested that the diet which is rich in low glycemic index carbohydrates, lean, and unsaturated fats. Then he introduced the South Beach Diet.
How Does the South Beach Diet Work?
The South Beach Diet has basically three different phases. These phases can better explain it.
This is the first phase that lasts about for 14 days. In this phase, the fruits, grains and other high carb foods are restricted. That is why it is considered the most strict phase. Most people can lose 3.5–6 kg body weight in this phase. At this phase, the food consumption is divided into three meals. That is made up of lean protein, non-starchy vegetables and small amounts of healthy fat and legumes.
This phase has started on the 15th day. It can go on until it may provide the results that are required for weight loss. People can loss 0.5–1 kg a week during the second phase of this plan.
After achieving the desired weight of your body, you can go to this advance phase.
It is also recommended to do regular exercise to accompany the diet phases. This phase is for weight maintenance.
South Beach Diet Phase 1 Recipes and South Beach Diet phase 1 Breakfast
Please note that the guidelines for all phases are from The South Beach Diet Book. Here is the South Beach Diet food list.
It includes slow consuming of the small portion.
- Lean beef
- Skinless chicken
- Turkey breast
- Fish and shellfish
- Turkey bacon and pepperoni
- Eggs and egg whites
- Soy-based meat substitutes
- Low-fat hard cheese, ricotta cheese, and cottage cheese
- Buttermilk, low-fat milk, plain or Greek yogurt, kefir and soy milk, limited to 2 cups (473 ml) daily
- Non-Starchy Vegetables
- Consume the minimum of 4 to 4 1/2 cups in a day of vegetables. All vegetables are good except beets, carrots, corn, turnips, peas, white potatoes.
consume cooked 1/3–1/2 cup a day. These are:
- All types of beans
Nuts and Seeds
Consume 28 grams a day. Here they are:
- Almonds, pistachios, walnuts and other nuts
- Nut Butters
- Flaxseeds, chia seeds, sesame seeds, pumpkin seeds
Oils and Fats
- Consume the 2 tbsp of oil a day.
- Olive oil, canola oil, macadamia oil and avocado oils
- Vegetable and seed oils, like corn, flaxseed, grapeseed, peanut, safflower, sesame and soybean oil
Phase 1: Foods to Avoid
Mostly the things that include fats and carbs are restricted in this phase. These include:
- Fatty meat and poultry
- Butter and coconut oil
- Whole milk
- Foods made with refined sugar
- All fruits and their juice
- Beets, carrots, corn, turnips, yams, peas, white potatoes and winter squash
- Phases 2 and 3: Foods to Include
Phase 2 includes all phase 1 foods that are gradually increased by adding on the higher-carb foods. On the 14th day of phase 2, you can consume 4 meals instead of 3. However, you can have the treat foods occasionally. You can Consume 1–3 servings of fruits per day.
Consume 1–4 servings of grains like peas, turnips, wild rice, whole grain pasta, popcorn, pita bread, and corn or whole grain tortilla. Consumption of alcohol can be occasionally allowed in the form of light quantity.
Phases 2 and 3: Foods to Avoid
Both the phases restrict the use of fat and high carb foods consumption. But, Try to avoid the following things:
- Fatty meat
- Butter and oil
- Whole milk
- Foods that are sugary
- Honey, maple syrup, agave nectar
- Fruit juices
- Beets, corn and white potatoes
- Dates, figs, pineapple, raisins, and watermelon
South Beach Diet Benefits
There are several benefits of the South Beach diet menu. It does the weight loss without keeping the person hungry. The South Beach Diet book explains South Beach Diet recipes that may also help in weight loss.
- It may help you lose weight and belly fat.
- It will help to reduce insulin levels
- South Beach Diet increase hormone levels
- It causes fullness and helps to protect heart health
South Beach Diet: Pros and Cons
Unfortunately, the South Beach Diet also has a couple of drawbacks. The most prominent is it is soo restrictive. That anyone can be got fed up by it. Its restrictions are also related to the quantity and kinds of fat consumption during the first phase.
The use of soybean and safflower oil carries the extremely high omega-6 fatty acids which are high in fats. The omega 6 also lead to heart issues. In fact, The South Beach Diet overly restrictive by prohibiting most of the saturated fat sources and limited the fat consumption overall. Furthermore, it allows the consumption of processed vegetable oils.
South Beach Diet Reviews
These reviews are based upon the views and comments of the customers who used it.
I am 34 years old. I have put on a lot of weight. I was much worried about my appearance. Then one of my friends just told me about the South Beach Diet. I ordered it and then start using this diet plan. Seriously I was so glad to see the results in just 1 month. Guys just give it a try!
Actually, I have not tried this plan yet. But after reading these reviews I am just thinking to try it because I am also having a bulgy tummy. I want to get rid of it. So, I ordered it on the company website. Now, I am waiting to have my South Beach Diet plan. I am quite eager to start it. Because many of my friends and colleagues have used it and they recommended me to use this. I also got the discount coupon on it.
What is the South Beach Diet cost and Where to buy?
Its almost vary with snacks and without snacks. The plan costs DOLLARS per month without snacks and DOLLARS for snacks. Its price may also vary if you order the fresh food. It is also available online. You can place your order South Beach Diet by visiting the company’s official website and get 40% discount deal, for get discount copupon click on order now button.
Note:- These Reviews about South Beach diet firstly available on https://www.supplementwarriors.com/south-beach-diet/ ou are reading best best weight loss Plan.